FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AAF Advertising Hall of Fame Gala Postponed Due to COVID–19 Virus
The American Advertising Federation has decided to postpone the planned AAF Advertising Hall of Fame Gala that was set for April 28, 2020 at Cipriani Wall Street in New York, NY. The new date will be October 5, 2020, still in New York City.
WASHINGTON DC, March 12, 2020—This decision was based on the World Health Organization’s latest information, the news that COVID–19 is now classified as a global pandemic, and the fact that there is currently a State of Emergency in New York.
“This decision was made with the health and safety of AAF Members, AAF Staff, supporters and our Hall of Fame honorees as our top priority. We urge our members to follow the guidelines and protocols currently in place by public health officials,” says Steve Pacheco, President & CEO of the AAF.
This is the first time in the 71 year history of the Advertising Hall of Fame that the gala has had to be rescheduled. The event, billed as “The Biggest Night in Advertising” will be rescheduled at Cipriani Wall Street for Monday, October 5, 2020.
Carter Murray, Worldwide CEO of FCB serves as the Chair of the Advertising Hall of Fame and Carolyn Everson, VP of Global Marketing Solutions at Facebook serves as Vice Chair.
The 2020 Class of the Advertising Hall of Fame Honorees include:
- Annie Leibovitz, Recipient of the President’s Award
- Nina DiSesa, Former Chairman and Chief Creative Officer, McCann
- Richard Edelman, Chief Executive Officer, Edelman
- Judy McGrath, Former Chairman and CEO, MTV Networks
- Wenda Harris Millard, Vice Chairman, MediaLink (Recipient of the David Bell Award for Industry Service)
- J. Melvin Muse, Founder and Chairman Emeritus, Muse Communications
- Andrew Robertson, President and CEO, BBDO Worldwide
- Michael I. Roth, Chairman and CEO, The Interpublic Group
IBM is the 2020 Advertising Hall of Fame Corporate Inductee with SVP, CMO Michelle Peluso planning to accept the award on behalf of the company.
For information about the event, contact Lisa Rubin at email@example.com.