1. We Must Recruit to Develop An Inclusive Industry
We believe that the future of the industry is reliant on a workforce that reflects the diversity of demographics, lifestyle, experience and mindset of America today and tomorrow. For long-term success, the advertising industry must better represent the mixtures that together create America.
2. We Must Provide Greater Access to Development and Leadership Opportunities
Exposure to the right people, brands and assignments in the advertising industry is career-defining. Facilitating connections within the AAF membership and advertising community at-large will help drive the change that we seek through retention, development and leadership.
3. We Must Implement Fair Business Practices—Supplier Diversity
Ensuring a diverse supplier base in procuring goods and services is integral for any organization. It reinforces the development of a supply chain that secures the inclusion of diverse groups in an organization’s business plan. A company’s commitment to supplier diversity initiatives displays its dedication to doing business in diverse markets, as well as highlights it’s responsibility to the economic growth of all communities.
4. We Must Recognize the Diversity of Talent Within the Industry
Recognition comes with reward. We must bring greater awareness to the hidden storytellers, innovators and provocateurs in the industry.
5. We Must Encourage the Industry to Portray Multifaceted Images of Multicultural Communities
Presenting realistic images of multicultural markets can play a key role in creating a society that is inclusive of the many consumers who define the American marketplace and dispel the stereotypes that have been perpetuated for far too long.