Selection Criteria & Eligibility
The Most Promising Multicultural Students program is an opportunity for you to launch a career in advertising, marketing, sales, media or communications.
- You'll receive the invaluable experience of networking with leading industry professionals + your peers.
- Feel the excitement of the ad business by engaging with the nation’s top ad agencies, advertisers and media + tech companies.
- Students take part in Most Promising University—an extensive, industry-focused professional development workshop, powered by Omnicom Group.
- Attend an exclusive virtual recruiting event that allows you to interview with multiple prospective companies.
- Receive a distinguished award for your exemplary work, authenticity, and dedication to making an impact as an up and coming industry leader.
Please note that students selected for the program who accept full-time offers for post graduation employment before December 7, 2020 will be asked to step down so that AAF can extend the opportunity to another applicant.
View Sample Agenda
- Citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Person of African, Asian, Latino, Middle Eastern, Native American or Pacific Island descent.
- Undergraduate student with senior standing, who will graduate in December 2020, May 2021 or August 2021.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 and minimum 3.2 GPA in his/her major based on a 4.0 grading scale. (If you do not meet the minimum, you are still eligible to apply, however you will be requested to participate in our interview process. To move to the interview process you must have a 2.7 or above).
- Committed to attend all facets of the Most Promising Multicultural Students Program
- One (1) recommendation from an advisor of an AAF-affiliated College Chapter or invited college/university, a local AAF advertising federation member or a senior-level ad professional.
- Current dues paying AAF college chapter member/individual member. (Dues must be received by or before the application deadline).
Required Submission Materials
All materials outlined below must be submitted online. Name on the application must match the name on the resumé, transcript and ID.
All materials must be received no later than Monday, November 2, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET. No Exceptions.
Please provide a response to each of the essay questions below. Each response should be a 300-word max.
- What does Diversity, Equity + Inclusion mean to you? And why do you think it's important in advertising? (300 word max)
- How do you feel your skills and experience have prepared you for a successful advertising professional career? (300 word max)
- Can you describe a time where you faced adversity, and how you overcame it? (300 word max)
- How do you stay engaged and continue to sharpen your knowledge of the advertising industry? (300 word max)
- List 3 reasons you chose to study advertising, and where you feel you can bring impact to the field? (300 word max)
Applicants must submit a one-page resumé in PDF format only. Do not include a photo on your resumé.
Submissions must include at least one (1) recommendation letter from a faculty advisor/nominator in PDF format only. Recommenders must be from an AAF-affiliated College Chapter or invited college/university, a local AAF advertising federation member or a senior-level ad professional.
Tagline & Hashtag
A tagline or hashtag must be written by the student and promote his/her talents. Both the hashtag and tagline will be used for an awards luncheon slideshow if the applicant is selected and are a great way to reflect the applicant's personal brand. Taglines should not exceed 12 words and hashtags should be 1-3 words.
One professional photo in business attire must be submitted for publication and promotional purposes. Photos will not be viewed by the selected committee.
Specs: 300 dpi, approximately 4"x6," JPG format only
Applicants with an interest in creative positions should submit 3-5 pieces from their portfolios.
Specs: JPG or PDF format only
Electronic transcript: You may request an official electronic version of transcript from your school website and have it sent directly to, email@example.com.
Upload Transcript: An official transcript may be uploaded directly within the application portal.