Nominees for the Barton A. Cummings Gold Medal Award may come from any one of three AAF member classifications: Advertisers, Advertising Agencies, and/or Media Companies. They must have contributed significantly as an AAF volunteer to the advancement of advertising at the National level for at least five plus years.
In addition, the honoree should have demonstrated:
- Understanding and support for the Local clubs, Districts, Regional, Council of Governors’ and National structures.
- Exceptional leadership in one or more AAF activities including but not limited to the advancement of advertising education, diversity and inclusion, government relations, governance, industry recognition, public service, self-regulation or other services important to the AAF.
While the candidate need not have completed his or her primary career, the breadth of contributions should indicate a long-term commitment of AAF volunteer service and achievement. The candidate may be living or deceased.
First time nominations for those nominees not awarded AAF’s Barton A. Cummings Gold medal in a particular year may be carried over to the second year and updated by the nominator if desired.
In subsequent years (at least three), if a twice nominated individual, overlooked each time, has clearly met Local, District, Regional and National criteria, that individual may be nominated a third time and carried over to a second year only, if not awarded the medal.
Required Information & Documentation
Nominations may be made by any AAF member, including advertisers, advertising agencies, and media companies.
Nomination submissions must include the following:
- How the nominee meets all of the above nomination criteria, including Local, District, Regional, Council of Governors and National structures
- Years of AAF volunteer service
- All AAF Local, District, Regional and National offices held, including dates
- Other recognition or awards for volunteer contributions to advertising
- 150 word or less summary of nominee’s business career
- A photograph of the nominee [high-resolution (4" x 6", 300 dpi) JPG or TIFF]
- Recommendation letters
Nominations should be typed, double-spaced and three pages or fewer, and must be received by close of business March 15, 2021.
Only one nomination for each candidate is allowed. Any letters of support or endorsement may be included as additional pages. Please submit all nomination materials as one combined PDF file.
Celebration of the honorees will be held during ADMERICA 2021.