FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Toyota to be Inducted into the Advertising Hall of Fame
The car company will be honored along with eight other industry legends, including Robert De Niro, on April 25.
WASHINGTON DC, March 7, 2017—The American Advertising Federation announced today that Toyota will be the corporate inductee at the 68th annual Advertising Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies & Gala Dinner at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City on April 25.
Jack Hollis, group vice president and general manager, Toyota Division, will be accepting the honor on behalf of the company. Toyota joins an elite group of companies—only eight have been honored in the Hall of Fame's history—that have achieved legendary reputations as global industry leaders, and whose contributions to the art and business of advertising have changed the landscape of our industry, and become a part of the broader American story.
"At Toyota, we have always tried to create advertising that humanizes our brand and gives our guests an opportunity to establish a lifelong relationship with us," said Hollis. "We are extremely humbled that the AAF has selected Toyota for this prestigious honor, which recognizes several decades of outstanding advertising work."
"From its groundbreaking campaign featuring a Toyota Tundra hauling the space shuttle Endeavour across the 405 Freeway; to its early and successful outreach to multicultural audiences, including the award-winning “Mas Que un Auto” celebration of owner loyalty; to introducing the world to the Prius hybrid and Mirai Fuel-cell, by combining green thinking while educating the public about new technologies, through brilliant marketing; Toyota has time and again demonstrated its creative leadership in advertising and marketing, all while showing a consistent commitment in that work to the greater good and the important American values of diversity, inclusion and forward-thinking," said AAF President & CEO James Edmund Datri.
Toyota will be inducted into the Hall along with eight individual advertising legends:
- Frank A. Bennack, Jr., Executive Vice Chairman and Former CEO, Hearst
- Peter Brabeck-Letmathe, Chairman, Nestlé
- Jerry Della Femina, Chairman, CEO and Executive Creative Director, Della Femina Advertising
- Irwin Gotlieb, Global Chairman, GroupM
- Kay Koplovitz, Founder and Former CEO, USA Networks, and Chairman, Springboard Enterprises
- Stan Richards, Principal/Creative Director, The Richards Group
- Carol H. Williams, President, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Carol H. Williams Advertising (Recipient of the David Bell Award for Industry Service)
- Robert De Niro is the recipient of this year’s President’s Award for Special Lifetime Contributions to Advertising
For more information on the Advertising Hall of Fame, please visit aaf.org/ahof.