Nomination Criteria & Submissions Materials
Advisors of AAF college chapters are encouraged to nominate one or two of their most outstanding students for the Stickell Internship Program. For more information about the program, visit our website or call John Murphy at (512) 471-1101 or email email@example.com.
All nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be an undergraduate member in good standing of an AAF college chapter
- Be at least a junior by the time the internship begins
- Be returning to college in the Fall Term, 2017
The nomination package for each student must only include the following items:
- A cover sheet (8.5 x 11) that includes the following information:
- 2017 AAF Vance and Betty Lee Stickell Student Internship Nomination Package for: name of the nominee; the nominee's college/university, mailing address, email, and phone
- Faculty advisor's name, title, mailing address, email and phone
- Two short paragraphs on the cover sheet in which they describe:
- University major and area(s) of emphasis in their degree program
- Short- and long-term career objectives.
Note: students interested in a creative career path (art director, copywriter, content producer, etc.) must include a URL link to their online portfolio.
- A current resumé.
- A separate page that lists and briefly describes:
- Extracurricular activities
- Work experience: including all part-time and summer-time jobs and internships, as well as any campus jobs or counseling assignments. (List each chronologically, with most recent dates first.)
- A letter on university stationary from the nominee’s faculty advisor that addresses the personal and scholarly attributes that qualify the nominee to participate in the program.
- Two additional letters of recommendation supporting the student's nomination. (These letters can be from anyone who knows the nominee well, e.g., a former employer, a classroom teacher, pastor or parole officer.)
- On a separate page, respond to both of the essays described below:
- Most Effective Brand: Which nationally distributed U.S. brand currently has the most effective and efficient Integrated Brand Promotion (IBP) programs? Explain your rationale for selecting this brand. (Max of 300 words.)
- Heroes: Who are your heroes and why?
- Identify someone you know personally that you have looked up to and used as a role model.
- Identify a person who is widely known by the general public that you particularly admire and have used as a role model.
Briefly explain what you admire about each of these two people and why. (Max of 200 words for each hero.)
- An official transcript of all the nominee's college/university work.
Submission Deadline & Instructions
Please submit the digital nomination package no later than Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 5:00pm CST:
- Compile all nomination package materials described above into a single PDF file (please be sure to follow the order indicated above beginning with your cover page and ending with your transcript).
- Upload your nomination package PDF to your Google Drive or Dropbox folder.
- Send the Google Drive/Dropbox link to the AAF Stickell Assistant Internship Coordinator: America Anguiano at firstname.lastname@example.org.