Application Criteria & Submissions Materials
AAF college chapter advisors should encourage 1–2 outstanding students to apply to the Stickell Internship program. The criteria for each student-prepared application are described below.
All nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be an undergraduate member in good standing of an AAF college chapter.
- Be graduating in December of 2018 or May of 2019.
- Be returning to college in the Fall Term, 2018.
The application package for each student must include only the following 7 items:
- A cover page that includes the following information: 2018 AAF Vance and Betty Lee Stickell Internship Application Package for: [[student's name]]
- Student's college/university; the student's mailing address, email address, and telephone number
- Faculty advisor's name, title, mailing address, email address, and telephone number
- 2 short paragraphs in which they describe:
(a) University major and area(s) of emphasis in their degree program
(b) Short- and long-term career objectives.
Note: Students interested in a creative career path (art director, copywriter, designer, content producer, etc.) must include a URL link to their online portfolio.
- A current resumé
- List and briefly describe the following activities (list each chronologically, with most recent dates first):
- Extracurricular activities
- Work experience (includes all part-time and summer jobs, internships, as well as any campus jobs or counseling assignments)
- A letter on university stationery from their faculty advisor that addresses the personal and scholarly attributes that qualify the student to participate in the program.
- Two additional letters of recommendation supporting the student's application (these letters can be from anyone who knows the student well, e.g., a former employer, a classroom teacher, pastor or parole officer)
- Response to both essay questions:
- Most Effective Brand: Which nationally distributed U.S. brand currently has the most effective and efficient Integrated Brand Promotion (IBP) programs? Explain your rationale for selecting this brand (maximum of 300 words total)
- Heroes: Who are your heroes and why?
(a) Identify someone you know personally, that you have looked up to and used as a role model
(b) Identify a person who is widely known by the general public that you particularly admire and have used as a role model
Briefly explain what you admire about each of these two people and why (maximum of 200 words total for each hero)
- An official transcript of all the nominee's college/university work. It is okay and please be sure to submit a copy of the transcript in the nomination package
Application deadline is Friday, December 1, 2017, 5:00PM CT
- Compile all application package materials described above into a single PDF file. Please be sure to follow the order indicated above beginning with your cover page and ending with your transcript.
- Upload your application package PDF to your Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Send the link to the application package to the AAF Stickell Internship Assistant Coordinator: America Anguiano at email@example.com
For more information on the AAF honors internship program, visit our website, or contact John Murphy at (512) 471-1101 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Being nominated is an honor and should be listed on the student's resumé as follows:
2018 Vance and Betty Lee Stickell Internship Program, selected as an outstanding member, ________ University's college chapter of the American Advertising Federation.