Selection Criteria & Eligibility
The Most Promising Multicultural Students program is an opportunity for you to launch a career in advertising, marketing, media or communications. You'll receive the invaluable experience of networking with leading industry professionals and feel the excitement of the ad business by visiting the nation’s top ad agencies, advertisers and media companies. Most Promising students also take part in the Most Promising University—an extensive, industry-focused professional development workshop, powered by Omnicom Group; attend exclusive recruiting events and are honored at the Building Bridges for Our Future Awards Luncheon in New York City.
View Sample Agenda
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident of African, Asian, Latino, Middle Eastern, Native American or Pacific Island descent.
- Undergraduate student with senior standing, who will
graduate December 2016, May 2017 or August 2017.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 and minimum 3.2 GPA in his/her major based on a 4.0
- Committed to attend all facets of the
Most Promising Multicultural Students Program, February 13–16, 2017.
- One (1) recommendation from an advisor of an AAF-affiliated College Chapter or invited college/university, a local AAF advertising federation member or a senior-level ad professional representing an one of the AAF's corporate members.
- Current dues paying AAF college chapter member. (Dues must be received by October 5, 2016.)
Required Submission Materials
All materials outlined below must be submitted online (with the exception of the official transcript). Name on application must match the name on the resumé, transcript and ID.
All materials must be received no later than 5:00 pm ET on October, 5, 2016. No Exceptions.
Please provide a response to each of the essay questions below. Each response should be a 300-word max.
- Why is diversity in advertising important?
- How do your
skills and experiences enable you to become a successful
- Can you describe a time when
your work was criticized? How did you handle it?
- How do
you stay current in what is happening in the advertising
- List 3 reasons you chose to study advertising, and what is
the greatest value you can contribute to the field?
Applicants must submit a one-page resumé in PDF format only. Do not include a photo on your resumé.
Submissions must include at least one (1) recommendation letter from a faculty advisor/nominator in PDF format only. Advisors must be from an AAF-affiliated College Chapter or invited college/university, a local AAF advertising federation member or a senior-level ad professional representing an one of the AAF's corporate members.
Tagline & Hashtag
A tagline or hashtag must be written by the student and promote his/her talents. Both the hashtag and tagline will be used for an awards luncheon slideshow if the applicant is selected and are a great way to reflect the applicant's personal brand. Taglines should not exceed 12 words and hashtags should be 1-3 words.
One professional photo in business attire must be submitted for publication and promotional purposes. Photos will not be viewed by the selected committee.
Specs: 300 dpi, approximately 4"x6," JPG format only
An official transcript for the applicant must be sealed and mailed directly to the AAF from the applicant's University/College. Please mail transcripts to:
American Advertising Federation
1101 Vermont Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20005