Eligible candidates for this award are educators who are or have been full-time faculty at accredited colleges or universities in the United States and who have made significant contributions to advertising education during their career of distinguished teaching. Candidates must demonstrate the following measures of distinction.
Teaching excellence and student advisement
- Has 10 or more years of teaching history in advertising or advertising related fields
- Has facilitated student learning about the advertising profession and advertising industry
- Has been a caring role model for young people
- Has been a consistent mentor to students resulting in new, talented and effective professionals in the industry.
Scholarly research, publications and creative contributions
- Has supported the success of the advertising industry in a personal way through research, teaching and/or advocacy
- Has contributed to the body of advertising knowledge through publications, presentations, lectureship, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to mesh theory with the reality of the marketplace through significant professional experience.
Active participation in local, regional or national professional advertising organizations
- Has participated in local, regional or national professional advertising organizations and other services to the industry within academia and the community
- Has contributed to the advancement of the advertising industry through his or her involvement in professional organizations (e.g. AEJMC, AMA, AIGA, AAF, AEF, AAA, etc.)
- Demonstrates awareness of and involvement in issues that impact the advertising industry and his/her community.